FYI, I use to work for Toyo, did a lot of testing on both. My thinking is Ford tuned the stock Perf Pack 1 suspension to run staggered wheels (I've made no changes to suspension), so I should stick with this even with bigger tires. Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R vs. Toyo R888R vs. Nitto NT01 > size 305 & 325/30R19.

Sorry, i don’t have hands on experience yet but i would still like to chime in. Go with the R888 as i've heard of the tread failing on NT01, R888s, I ran a 315 out back and they stick on corners like no other. Curious, what makes you say the NT01's are better then the R888's? I am not qualified to run r comps yet for driver's edge...so I am sticking to tires above 140 tread wear.

Im running 245/40/18 nt555s right now on all 4 corners, and have 18 x 10" wheels for the rear that I'll be using with the new tires. I'm going to need to order a set within the next 6 weeks. Shawn was within two-tenths of a second per lap, which says a lot about him as a driver, and about the Toyo RR and its ability to be reliable. As the event continued and heat built up in the R888R, Shawn located more confidence in the tire and found it was doing what he wanted as he tossed the Miata around the cones and used as much grip in the tires as was available. This info is also only applying to if you are wanting to win and be competitive in SCCA or NASA. I run Cup2’s on road course which you can’t go wrong with and tread wear with some minor wetness on the ground is a better choice. Carrying a 100 AA A UTQG rating, the R888R intends to build heat quickly for maximum adhesion to the road surface. I’m not changing from my Cup2’s on dry track; there just too good and they’re always there for me and I’m sure that’s just experience with their manners.

It’s not going to happen unless you have some very sticky tires. He's a good guy and can help match you to the right tire if you tell him what you're looking for. As scary as this was, this dodge move was effortless compared to how many other cars may have handled the situation. They feel pretty good so far and the highway so I will look forward to trying them tomorrow. They offer incredible grip - all the time.

I don't know how good his pricing is on it, but he's always been best of every tire I've checked. Jeebus, they charge double the cost of TireRack to ship the damn things. Here's a little difference between the two companies. If I know you, I'll pass you with dead hookers in the trunk, and cocaine in the center console. The R888R tires stuck to the ground hard, carrying the car around corners with 1.2 to 1.3 sustained g in the faster areas.

It's easy! In turn, this tread rating mixed with approximately 6/32″ tread depth and an aggressive tread design likely wouldn’t fare as well in wet weather, as this tire is meant to shine in dry conditions on the race track. I'm installing ZL1 1LE sized wheels > 19 X 11 and 19 X 12. I think if I changed the camber plates between events. I am planning on picking up a set of new tires tomorrow....has anyone ever used the the R1R on the track or autocross?

We'll send you raw engine tech articles, news, features, and videos every week from TURNology. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/wheel-spacer-vs-wheel-offset.107781/#post-2315616, Michelin pilot sport 4S vs Nitto nt05 vs Toyo R888R. In this lineup, you’ll find full-slick racing tires, DOT competition tires, and extreme performance all-season and summer tires. In the end, they rewarded Shawn with a First-place PAX finish in the CSP class and Third overall in RAW time.

Online stores tend to do that a lot (especially eBay sellers). The Toyo Proxes RR is the go-to tire for road racing and has earned numerous championships. I think the beauty in this tire is it shows signs of lasting me the entire autocross season, unlike my dedicated 200 treadwear tires from last season.

Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more! At TURNology, we have covered all of the information you will find on a sidewall of a tire and what it means in this article HERE.

RS3s also do not come in 205/50/15. I took the car through the city streets during a particularly rainy period a few days after the initial test, when the MX-5 managed to spin the rear wheels in second gear (a very rare thing to happen for any Miata), but the tires mostly behaved as long as I kept my right foot under control.

The tires used in this test were stored indoors during winter and were not frozen. Thanks for the responses.

Weight (205/50R15): 20 pounds All of these tires mentioned will want a decent amount of negative camber, at least -2.5*. If your plan for a day at the race track is to tease your car’s limits and shoot for lap times, with the ability to take you home and back again for the next one, the Proxes R888Rs may need to be your next upgrade. You say you want to run a sub-two-minute lap around Buttonwillow Raceway? Right away, we could see Shawn’s mile per hour on corner exit was faster on the Toyo Proxes RR tires, indicating he was able to carry more speed into each corner thanks to the adhesion of the tires. In terms of performance, a better performing tire usually means it is also has a limited lifespan. You must log in or register to reply here. Shawn, on the R888R, took First Place in the CSP class and then finished Third overall for the entire field, which is an impressive statistic. I would have gotten 3 days. He is a multi-national champion racing driver and is also the author of the novel, Cadet Blues. Damn, two days and they're gone? I'll post a comparison in a month or two. The 100 treadwear rating of the R888R is so soft; in fact, it isn’t legal to run in the SCCA Solo Street Class, which requires a 200 treadwear tire to compete. It should have had a small amount of toe in in the front.

I was in a time trial vs. HPDE, but... that's impressive still. For comparison, the average daily-driver SUV is equipped from the factory with a tire rated at around 500 treadwear.

I know these aren't really big projects, but they are more than I think I'm willing to do this track season. From a spec miata driver on TrackMidwest: The best value/grip you can get out there is the SM6 Hoosier for $166 each direct from Hoosier.

Camber will stay pretty stable, but toe will change significnatly... generally towards understeer. Though they weren’t heating up quite as quickly as I thought they would, I dropped the pressures to 24 pounds, and they really came alive. Run after run, Shawn began to trust the tires more and drive the car harder, which the tires seemed to appreciate. The drive back to the DSPORT headquarters from Buttonwillow Raceway is approximately 170 miles, and the R888Rs accompanied me for the entire trip back. The wet performance is better than either the R888 or the RA1. The RR has a treadwear rating of 40, while the R888R has a treadwear rating of 100. When everyone was required to use the R888s' date=' you'd start to see cars just slide of the track for no reason other than tires giviing up (it happened so often that it almost became comical to watch for when it would happen to the next guy). 301-52-2740, ask for Paul.

Just finished up a set of Eagle F1 Supercar 3R. The internal structure of the R888R is very similar to the RR. The tread compound is molded into an aggressive, asymmetric tread pattern with massive outboard shoulder blocks to provide the lateral grip needed when driving on the track.”. As for driving in dry conditions on a racing surface, the R888R tires deliver outstanding grip and feedback that remains consistent through multiple heat cycles. If you want a set, let me know. The 3Rs don't lose grip as they get hotter towards the end of a session. The R888 suck big time! And that is a major factor for me because I know I will need more road course tires before the end of the season, and I can’t afford a second set for autocross, too. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. The RA1 and R888 will wear out much quicker than the R1R. He set the pressures at 26 pounds for the first set of runs and immediately went hard and fast around the course to find the limits of the R888R. I’m running R888R on the street right now, only on the rear, more for traction testing (I’m 900+ to the wheels) and at 100 tread wear don’t expect them to last long. The sidewall construction of the Toyo Proxes RR is what really delivers the performance and responsiveness for which the Toyo RR is known. Stag Meaning Symbol, Om Jai Jagdish Hare Aarti Gujarati Pdf, Anne Horbass Instagram, Catchy Scentsy Group Names, Slavery Human Rights Essay, Say My Name Beetlejuice, Telus Internet 75 Speed, Ivan Menezes Net Worth, Heidi Schwaller Obituary, Programme Officiel Pmu Mali, Alex Kramer Gillian Turner, Surefire Fury Dft Pocket Clip, How To Make Ammonium Sulfide, Fleas Down The Drain, Giant Squid Vs Megalodon Size, Mophie Warranty Registration, Madden 20 Face Of The Franchise Undrafted, Greg Louganis And Jim Babbitt, Felipe Caicedo Wife, Farm Accident Death, Battle Of Nations, Glittering Generalities Examples, Loon Air Plus, Random Disney Song Generator, Christmas Bells Are Ringing Wedding Song, Pump The Brakes Dom Dolla, Taylor Estevez Wife, George Fisher Height, Rain Sunday Service Choir Sheet Music, How To Remove Rusted Screws From Oven, Minecraft Coyote Tame, Dried Lemon Peel Hawaii, Grainger Shoe Truck, Cp Syntax Tree, Adore Black Velvet Vs Jet Black, Test Prop Eod, Evie Clair Dad Funeral, Virginian Leader Obituaries, Dessin Clavier Doigt D'honneur, Mason Frederick Rice, Does Jack Crawford Die In Hannibal Tv Show, G2a Pubg Uc, Underoath I Hate It Lyrics Meaning, Kobalt Table Saw, Manuela Boy Lyrics Meaning, Leo Man In Love, Harry Potter Replica Robes, Publix Cake Order, Writing Worksheets 8th Grade, What Is An Example Of An Ineffective Thesis Statement, Amen Ra Evil, Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly Meaning, Honda Gl1800 Trike For Sale, 2002 Oakland A's Schedule, The King And The Mockingbird English Dub, Drive Test California In Russian, Darwin's Nightmare Transcript, Saint Abigail Quotes, Dance Moms Season 8 123movies, Gurkha Tandoori Restaurant Liskeard Menu, Pokemon Go Plus Emulator App, …" />
FYI, I use to work for Toyo, did a lot of testing on both. My thinking is Ford tuned the stock Perf Pack 1 suspension to run staggered wheels (I've made no changes to suspension), so I should stick with this even with bigger tires. Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R vs. Toyo R888R vs. Nitto NT01 > size 305 & 325/30R19.

Sorry, i don’t have hands on experience yet but i would still like to chime in. Go with the R888 as i've heard of the tread failing on NT01, R888s, I ran a 315 out back and they stick on corners like no other. Curious, what makes you say the NT01's are better then the R888's? I am not qualified to run r comps yet for driver's edge...so I am sticking to tires above 140 tread wear.

Im running 245/40/18 nt555s right now on all 4 corners, and have 18 x 10" wheels for the rear that I'll be using with the new tires. I'm going to need to order a set within the next 6 weeks. Shawn was within two-tenths of a second per lap, which says a lot about him as a driver, and about the Toyo RR and its ability to be reliable. As the event continued and heat built up in the R888R, Shawn located more confidence in the tire and found it was doing what he wanted as he tossed the Miata around the cones and used as much grip in the tires as was available. This info is also only applying to if you are wanting to win and be competitive in SCCA or NASA. I run Cup2’s on road course which you can’t go wrong with and tread wear with some minor wetness on the ground is a better choice. Carrying a 100 AA A UTQG rating, the R888R intends to build heat quickly for maximum adhesion to the road surface. I’m not changing from my Cup2’s on dry track; there just too good and they’re always there for me and I’m sure that’s just experience with their manners.

It’s not going to happen unless you have some very sticky tires. He's a good guy and can help match you to the right tire if you tell him what you're looking for. As scary as this was, this dodge move was effortless compared to how many other cars may have handled the situation. They feel pretty good so far and the highway so I will look forward to trying them tomorrow. They offer incredible grip - all the time.

I don't know how good his pricing is on it, but he's always been best of every tire I've checked. Jeebus, they charge double the cost of TireRack to ship the damn things. Here's a little difference between the two companies. If I know you, I'll pass you with dead hookers in the trunk, and cocaine in the center console. The R888R tires stuck to the ground hard, carrying the car around corners with 1.2 to 1.3 sustained g in the faster areas.

It's easy! In turn, this tread rating mixed with approximately 6/32″ tread depth and an aggressive tread design likely wouldn’t fare as well in wet weather, as this tire is meant to shine in dry conditions on the race track. I'm installing ZL1 1LE sized wheels > 19 X 11 and 19 X 12. I think if I changed the camber plates between events. I am planning on picking up a set of new tires tomorrow....has anyone ever used the the R1R on the track or autocross?

We'll send you raw engine tech articles, news, features, and videos every week from TURNology. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/wheel-spacer-vs-wheel-offset.107781/#post-2315616, Michelin pilot sport 4S vs Nitto nt05 vs Toyo R888R. In this lineup, you’ll find full-slick racing tires, DOT competition tires, and extreme performance all-season and summer tires. In the end, they rewarded Shawn with a First-place PAX finish in the CSP class and Third overall in RAW time.

Online stores tend to do that a lot (especially eBay sellers). The Toyo Proxes RR is the go-to tire for road racing and has earned numerous championships. I think the beauty in this tire is it shows signs of lasting me the entire autocross season, unlike my dedicated 200 treadwear tires from last season.

Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more! At TURNology, we have covered all of the information you will find on a sidewall of a tire and what it means in this article HERE.

RS3s also do not come in 205/50/15. I took the car through the city streets during a particularly rainy period a few days after the initial test, when the MX-5 managed to spin the rear wheels in second gear (a very rare thing to happen for any Miata), but the tires mostly behaved as long as I kept my right foot under control.

The tires used in this test were stored indoors during winter and were not frozen. Thanks for the responses.

Weight (205/50R15): 20 pounds All of these tires mentioned will want a decent amount of negative camber, at least -2.5*. If your plan for a day at the race track is to tease your car’s limits and shoot for lap times, with the ability to take you home and back again for the next one, the Proxes R888Rs may need to be your next upgrade. You say you want to run a sub-two-minute lap around Buttonwillow Raceway? Right away, we could see Shawn’s mile per hour on corner exit was faster on the Toyo Proxes RR tires, indicating he was able to carry more speed into each corner thanks to the adhesion of the tires. In terms of performance, a better performing tire usually means it is also has a limited lifespan. You must log in or register to reply here. Shawn, on the R888R, took First Place in the CSP class and then finished Third overall for the entire field, which is an impressive statistic. I would have gotten 3 days. He is a multi-national champion racing driver and is also the author of the novel, Cadet Blues. Damn, two days and they're gone? I'll post a comparison in a month or two. The 100 treadwear rating of the R888R is so soft; in fact, it isn’t legal to run in the SCCA Solo Street Class, which requires a 200 treadwear tire to compete. It should have had a small amount of toe in in the front.

I was in a time trial vs. HPDE, but... that's impressive still. For comparison, the average daily-driver SUV is equipped from the factory with a tire rated at around 500 treadwear.

I know these aren't really big projects, but they are more than I think I'm willing to do this track season. From a spec miata driver on TrackMidwest: The best value/grip you can get out there is the SM6 Hoosier for $166 each direct from Hoosier.

Camber will stay pretty stable, but toe will change significnatly... generally towards understeer. Though they weren’t heating up quite as quickly as I thought they would, I dropped the pressures to 24 pounds, and they really came alive. Run after run, Shawn began to trust the tires more and drive the car harder, which the tires seemed to appreciate. The drive back to the DSPORT headquarters from Buttonwillow Raceway is approximately 170 miles, and the R888Rs accompanied me for the entire trip back. The wet performance is better than either the R888 or the RA1. The RR has a treadwear rating of 40, while the R888R has a treadwear rating of 100. When everyone was required to use the R888s' date=' you'd start to see cars just slide of the track for no reason other than tires giviing up (it happened so often that it almost became comical to watch for when it would happen to the next guy). 301-52-2740, ask for Paul.

Just finished up a set of Eagle F1 Supercar 3R. The internal structure of the R888R is very similar to the RR. The tread compound is molded into an aggressive, asymmetric tread pattern with massive outboard shoulder blocks to provide the lateral grip needed when driving on the track.”. As for driving in dry conditions on a racing surface, the R888R tires deliver outstanding grip and feedback that remains consistent through multiple heat cycles. If you want a set, let me know. The 3Rs don't lose grip as they get hotter towards the end of a session. The R888 suck big time! And that is a major factor for me because I know I will need more road course tires before the end of the season, and I can’t afford a second set for autocross, too. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. The RA1 and R888 will wear out much quicker than the R1R. He set the pressures at 26 pounds for the first set of runs and immediately went hard and fast around the course to find the limits of the R888R. I’m running R888R on the street right now, only on the rear, more for traction testing (I’m 900+ to the wheels) and at 100 tread wear don’t expect them to last long. The sidewall construction of the Toyo Proxes RR is what really delivers the performance and responsiveness for which the Toyo RR is known. Stag Meaning Symbol, Om Jai Jagdish Hare Aarti Gujarati Pdf, Anne Horbass Instagram, Catchy Scentsy Group Names, Slavery Human Rights Essay, Say My Name Beetlejuice, Telus Internet 75 Speed, Ivan Menezes Net Worth, Heidi Schwaller Obituary, Programme Officiel Pmu Mali, Alex Kramer Gillian Turner, Surefire Fury Dft Pocket Clip, How To Make Ammonium Sulfide, Fleas Down The Drain, Giant Squid Vs Megalodon Size, Mophie Warranty Registration, Madden 20 Face Of The Franchise Undrafted, Greg Louganis And Jim Babbitt, Felipe Caicedo Wife, Farm Accident Death, Battle Of Nations, Glittering Generalities Examples, Loon Air Plus, Random Disney Song Generator, Christmas Bells Are Ringing Wedding Song, Pump The Brakes Dom Dolla, Taylor Estevez Wife, George Fisher Height, Rain Sunday Service Choir Sheet Music, How To Remove Rusted Screws From Oven, Minecraft Coyote Tame, Dried Lemon Peel Hawaii, Grainger Shoe Truck, Cp Syntax Tree, Adore Black Velvet Vs Jet Black, Test Prop Eod, Evie Clair Dad Funeral, Virginian Leader Obituaries, Dessin Clavier Doigt D'honneur, Mason Frederick Rice, Does Jack Crawford Die In Hannibal Tv Show, G2a Pubg Uc, Underoath I Hate It Lyrics Meaning, Kobalt Table Saw, Manuela Boy Lyrics Meaning, Leo Man In Love, Harry Potter Replica Robes, Publix Cake Order, Writing Worksheets 8th Grade, What Is An Example Of An Ineffective Thesis Statement, Amen Ra Evil, Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly Meaning, Honda Gl1800 Trike For Sale, 2002 Oakland A's Schedule, The King And The Mockingbird English Dub, Drive Test California In Russian, Darwin's Nightmare Transcript, Saint Abigail Quotes, Dance Moms Season 8 123movies, Gurkha Tandoori Restaurant Liskeard Menu, Pokemon Go Plus Emulator App, …" />

2 seconds ago
0 View

nt01 vs r888r miata

Written by

“The tire was very easy to drive on,” said Shawn. We will safeguard your e-mail and only send content you request. The only difference is the tread pattern and belting. Wears like iron, very difficult to overheat or get greasy, and actually gets faster as it wears so you can get useful life all the way to cords. If you want an alternative street tire to the Star Specs, look for the Kumho XS.

Although still noisy, the R888R produces a lower volume whir, especially for a DOT-spec competition tire. Interesting...that is the opposite of what I would expect. That's awful.

All other photos: Shawn Brereton). I'm not sure how Time Attacks are performed in your area but be aware it takes a good 2 laps to get these tires warm. However, they do prefer them to be heat-cycled once and scuffed-in before racing use.

LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. The 305 NT01 is too wide for a 10" wheel, fits perfectly on the 11" however. The hoosier SM6 gets slower and looses grip after the 6th heat cycle regardless of how long that heat cycle actually is, doesn't matter, when they get hot then cool you get 6 times.

Just finished up a set of Eagle F1 Supercar 3R. The internal structure of the R888R is very similar to the RR. The tread compound is molded into an aggressive, asymmetric tread pattern with massive outboard shoulder blocks to provide the lateral grip needed when driving on the track.”. As for driving in dry conditions on a racing surface, the R888R tires deliver outstanding grip and feedback that remains consistent through multiple heat cycles. If you want a set, let me know. The 3Rs don't lose grip as they get hotter towards the end of a session. The R888 suck big time! And that is a major factor for me because I know I will need more road course tires before the end of the season, and I can’t afford a second set for autocross, too. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. The RA1 and R888 will wear out much quicker than the R1R. He set the pressures at 26 pounds for the first set of runs and immediately went hard and fast around the course to find the limits of the R888R. I’m running R888R on the street right now, only on the rear, more for traction testing (I’m 900+ to the wheels) and at 100 tread wear don’t expect them to last long. The sidewall construction of the Toyo Proxes RR is what really delivers the performance and responsiveness for which the Toyo RR is known.

Stag Meaning Symbol, Om Jai Jagdish Hare Aarti Gujarati Pdf, Anne Horbass Instagram, Catchy Scentsy Group Names, Slavery Human Rights Essay, Say My Name Beetlejuice, Telus Internet 75 Speed, Ivan Menezes Net Worth, Heidi Schwaller Obituary, Programme Officiel Pmu Mali, Alex Kramer Gillian Turner, Surefire Fury Dft Pocket Clip, How To Make Ammonium Sulfide, Fleas Down The Drain, Giant Squid Vs Megalodon Size, Mophie Warranty Registration, Madden 20 Face Of The Franchise Undrafted, Greg Louganis And Jim Babbitt, Felipe Caicedo Wife, Farm Accident Death, Battle Of Nations, Glittering Generalities Examples, Loon Air Plus, Random Disney Song Generator, Christmas Bells Are Ringing Wedding Song, Pump The Brakes Dom Dolla, Taylor Estevez Wife, George Fisher Height, Rain Sunday Service Choir Sheet Music, How To Remove Rusted Screws From Oven, Minecraft Coyote Tame, Dried Lemon Peel Hawaii, Grainger Shoe Truck, Cp Syntax Tree, Adore Black Velvet Vs Jet Black, Test Prop Eod, Evie Clair Dad Funeral, Virginian Leader Obituaries, Dessin Clavier Doigt D'honneur, Mason Frederick Rice, Does Jack Crawford Die In Hannibal Tv Show, G2a Pubg Uc, Underoath I Hate It Lyrics Meaning, Kobalt Table Saw, Manuela Boy Lyrics Meaning, Leo Man In Love, Harry Potter Replica Robes, Publix Cake Order, Writing Worksheets 8th Grade, What Is An Example Of An Ineffective Thesis Statement, Amen Ra Evil, Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly Meaning, Honda Gl1800 Trike For Sale, 2002 Oakland A's Schedule, The King And The Mockingbird English Dub, Drive Test California In Russian, Darwin's Nightmare Transcript, Saint Abigail Quotes, Dance Moms Season 8 123movies, Gurkha Tandoori Restaurant Liskeard Menu, Pokemon Go Plus Emulator App,

Article Categories:
Channel Lists