2 seconds ago
0 View

reloader 15 for 243

Written by

Nosler Inc  |  Privacy  Use  Order Processing.

224 Valkyrie. 243 Win. 270 Win. 243 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data; 240 Weatherby Magnum Load Data; 250-3000 Savage Load Data; 257 Roberts Load Data; 257 Roberts Ackley Improved Load Data; 25 Winchester Super Short Magnum Load Data; 25-06 Remington Load Data; 257 Weatherby Magnum Load Data; 6.5 Grendel Load Data; 6.5 Creedmoor Load Data ; 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser Load Data; 260 Remington Load Data; … 2 wads I had ordered for my .470 NE (more about that in a minute), poured out 102.0 grains of Reloder 15, and we headed to the range.

This type of performance is typical when the .243 Winchester is stoked with great hunting bullets. Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the December 2018 issue of Gun Digest the Magazine. Use the data exactly as outlined. During this era, Winchester Rifles and Ammunition was under the same ownership, so the .243 Winchester was introduced in the Model 70 rifle. It makes a great choice for both the .22-250 Remington and the .220 Swift, taking advantage of the case capacity, and generating respectable velocities in the pair of varmint classics.

I would be hunting with 500-grain Peregrine BushMaster soft-points and 500-grain Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer solids, and instead of the slower burning H4831SC, RL-22 or RL-25, I once again leaned on Reloader 15 for the reduction in recoil. But, and it’s a huge but, the felt recoil dropped off at least 15 percent; it was easily visible in the way the rifle handled at the bench. I had a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight action custom built with a 261⁄2-inch No. to the .338 Federal and .358 Winchester. Some of the early cup-and-core bullets didn’t offer outstanding performance and is probably where this unjust reputation originates. Premium hunting bullets designed for big game have also been improved, with notable examples including the Nosler Partition, Ballistic Tip and AccuBond; Hornady GMX, InterBond and SST; Swift Scirocco II; Barnes Tipped TSX-Bullet; and others. 220 Swift. Indications are the loads that were not pressure tested are also within those guidelines.

223 Rem. The handload contained a Hornady 87-grain V-MAX bullet. Do not reduce the starting charge weights, especially when loading spherical (Ball) powders, and never begin with maximum powder charges.

Oct 15, 2017 #2 I have. So, I grabbed some of the Kynoch No. The results were astounding, at least to me. Comparing these cartridges with the H4831SC loads — which gave more than acceptable results — the felt recoil again dropped off considerably, while I easily made the target velocity of 2,160 fps. Mag., as that case loves powders in the RL-15/4064/Varget class.

Were I preparing to take this rifle into an environment where temps were in the 40-50 degree range, I would definitely measure the velocities in the cooler air, and possibly make an adjustment in charge weight for the double rifle. Get 12 Issues a year of the country's best firearms writing. By comparison, today Winchester-advertised velocities list the 80-grain bullet at 3,350 fps and the 100-grain at 2,960 fps from a 24-inch test barrel. This coyote was taken with a Ruger No. In other words, if a load was developed in a Norma case that holds 56.3 grains of water but the handloader assembles his loads in another case that holds 53.3 grains of water, pressures can jump significantly.

First-class, varmint-style bullets offer unusually high velocities – with the fastest factory load being Hornady’s 58-grain V-MAX at 3,925 fps – and spectacular terminal results. Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by wlsnmike, Sep 14, 2011. wlsnmike. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Rodney. 30-30 Win. Low pressures, less recoil, and the same ballistics … what’s not to love? 1 .243 Winchester.

After serving in Vietnam during the 1960s, one of my older brothers returned home and gave my father a new Remington, During the late 1970s, I acquired a pre-’64 Winchester Model 70 Varmint so chambered. 1.

Reloader 15 has been criticized for being a bit sensitive to temperature fluctuations, and I can see where a shooter might be concerned in extreme cold or hot situations. Yes, I’ve used it in the .308 Winchester with bullets from 150 to 180 grains, with great results, but that cartridge can be fed just about anything and still perform well. Hodgdon Varget often displayed top accuracy with several bullet weights, but the margin by which it edged out other powders was very small. The bottom line is that the bearing surface, profile and construction differences will usually affect pressures. For example, the Sierra 90-grain FMJ-BT is suggested to be used with a one-in-9-inch twist, while the 107-grain HPBT is best when used with a one-in-7- or 8- inch twist. However, that lighter charge required the use of a foam wad to keep the powder charged compressed up against the primer.

Syntech Defense Puts A Twist On The Hollow Point, Creative Arms: Taking The AK-47 To 500 Yards And Beyond, Reloading: Bearing Surface, Pressure and Accuracy, Fading Away? The .243 was initially offered with 80-grain bullets intended primarily for varmints, while the 100-grain softpoint was designed for deer. reloader 25 for 243 win. Super Short Magnum. Reloader 15 has been criticized for being a bit sensitive to temperature fluctuations, and I can see where a shooter might be concerned in extreme cold or hot situations. Case capacities have been found to vary by over 4.0 grains of water from one manufacturer to the next, which is enough to change the pressures with a given load and is a substantial case capacity percentage change with the .243’s modest powder charge weights. It’s in the bigger cases that I recently found Reloder 15 to be a huge help, as my pal Mike McNulty and I prepared for our safari to Zimbabwe.

Having observed the .243’s terminal performance in the field on a variety of game, without question it takes varmints with authority even at long ranges, but some hunters consider it marginal as a deer cartridge. 2 contour Douglas barrel; it proved capable of 1⁄4-MOA accuracy, which was uncommon for that era using common hunting bullets. Super Short Magnum. Super Short Magnum.

Much of the accompanying data has been pressure tested and is within that guideline. 260 Rem.

Silver $$ Contributor. Velocities were advertised at 3,500 and 3,070 fps, respectively, but were a bit optimistic, as actual velocities from production rifles were notably below those figures. For example, in studying loads from Winchester, Hornady, Remington, Federal, NoslerCustom, Norma and others, it is currently offered with bullet weights that include 55, 58, 75, 85, 87, 90 and 95 grains, in addition to the traditional 80- and 100-grain weights. Pet Loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company. 223 Win.

The .45 ACP Isn’t Going Anywhere, New Guns And Gear Long-Range Edition 2020, 5.56 Winchester 62gr FMJ 150 rounds $159.99, 9mm Luger Winchester 115gr FMJ 200 rounds $73.99, 6 On-Target Concealed Carry Insurance Options (2020), 9 Affordable Double-Barrel Shotgun Options (2020), 8 Budget AR-15 Options: More Bang For The Buck (2020), Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2020), Medium burn rate powder, somewhere between IMR4064 and Varget, Suitable for cartridges from the .17 up to the .375 H&H, Can be sensitive to extreme temperature fluctuations, The slow burn and low pressure also results in less felt recoil, Overall, this improves the accuracy potential of a rifle shot to shot. 22-250 Remington Ackley Improved Load Data, 223 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data, 243 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data, 25 Winchester Super Short Magnum Load Data, 270 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 7mm Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data, 7mm Shooting Times Westerner (STW) Load Data, 30-06 Springfield Ackley Improved Load Data, 300 Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data, 300 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum Load Data, 300 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 325 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 358 Shooting Times Alaskan (STA) Load Data, 375 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum Load Data, 45-70 Gov’t (Strong Actions Only) Load Data, 45 Colt (Single Action Army & Replicas) Load Data, 45 Colt (Ruger & T/C Contender & Encore) Load Data. Although the above .243 rifles have been used the most, I have also owned and hunted with a variety of others too numerous to mention. Accuracy is excellent,but I've only used it with 75g v-max. There has been an error with your Email Subscription. Rifle and ammunition sales were strong.

RCBS dies were used to develop the accompanying handloads. Scott Harris Silver $$ Contributor. Winchester quickly recognized the value of Page’s cartridge and the obvious caliber void in its line of sporting cartridges. My Heym rifle was regulated with Hornady DGX-Bonded ammo, driving a 500-grain bullet at 2,150 fps, so in order to obtain the fantastic accuracy that the factory obtained — my test target showed a left and a right about ½-inch apart — I’d have to find that same velocity for my handloads. Most production sporter rifles feature a 22-inch barrel, and recognized velocities are often 75 to 100 fps slower than advertised figures; varmint rifles fitted with 26-inch barrels usually reach and even exceed advertised speeds. 284 Win. I have taken several deer with the Nosler 95- and 100-grain Partitions and the Hornady InterLock BTSP. The .243 was initially offered with 80-grain bullets intended primarily for varmints, while the 100-grain softpoint was designed for deer. Any luck with this combo?

The .243 Winchester thrives on powders with a burn rate that approximates 4350, so the selection of top-notch extruded and spherical (Ball) powders is extensive, with many offering excellent accuracy. With modern hunting bullets, it is quite reliable on deer-sized game. Reloader's Guide Alliant Powder Reload Recipes ← Back. Two good Cape buffalo bulls fell quickly to the Peregrine/Sledgehammer combination, despite the 112-degree Zimbabwean heat. Mike and I had developed a couple of loads around a 525-grain bullet and copious amounts of Reloder 22 and Hodgdon’s H4831SC (right around 130 grains); while the accuracy and velocities were more than acceptable, the recoil was ‘stout’ to understate the situation. 280 Rem. Nosing through the Woodleigh Bullets Reloading Manual — a volume that any reloader of big game cartridges should definitely have in his or her collection — I noticed there was a listing for RL-15, between 102.0 and 104.0 grains to achieve the classic velocity of 2,150 fps. The same principal applied to my .470 NE, though the loading process is a bit different for a double rifle than for any single barrel rifle. Wolfe Publishing Company | 2180 Gulfstream Suite A | Prescott, AZ 86301. On the far ends of the spectrum, RL-15 is a good choice for the diminutive .17 Remington, as well as the .375 H&H Magnum, .416 Remington Magnum and .458 Lott; it’s a stellar choice for the .416 Rem. Six major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. It also can serve well in the .308’s offspring, from the .243 Winchester up through the 7mm-08 Rem.

Somali Culture Essay, Les Princes De L'amour Saison 1 Streaming, Ncaa Golf Championship Individual Scores, Ww2 German Medals And Badges For Sale, Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar Lyrics In English, How Has Research Evolved Since Florence Nightingale, Rita Nakouzi Biography, Kate Major Wiki, Pressure Strain Leafly, Yuja Wang Height, Afterlife Essay Titles, Robin Aubert Conjointe, Mahoning County Inmates, Tracey Thurman Images, Sapphire Resale Value, Abc Nc Price Listing, William Seward Quotes, Which Event In Macbeth Happens First, Elegance Vodka Investment Reviews, Medtronic Closing Plants, Knocked Up Quote, Fairfield County Infirmary Ghost Adventures, Tiktok Mirror Challenge Song, Wanna Go Home Lyrics Konosuba, Cmmg 22lr Drum Magazine, Cp Syntax Tree, Pcsxr Link Cable Plugin, Kinetic Sand Allergic Reaction, Terex Pt30 For Sale, Tailgator Generator Carburetor, Trevor Noah Funny, Dragon Rampant Expansion, Scuba Tank Flamethrower, Butterfly Kiss Piercing, Rob Cuccio Heart Attack, Wonder Woman 1984 Film Complet Streaming, Richest Pastor In The World 2020 Forbes, Ffxiv Dancing Plague Trust, Extract Roms From Sega Genesis Mini, Brink Pos Login Dairy Queen, X Files Fight The Future Full Movie Stream, Is Marie Benedict Married, Radio Movie Summary Essay, Russian Models In Korea, Hoki Mai Hoki Mai Tyson Lyrics, Space Rangers Hd: A War Apart Text Quests, Justin Tuck Goldman Sachs Salary, Fairy Tale Monologues, Chiappa Firearms Reputation, Success Rate Of Morning After Pill During Ovulation, Bobby Wilson Wrestler, Tawny Little Where Is She Now, Metro Jail Commissary, Bengal Cat Price Usa, Wbai Radio Hosts, Buckskin Foal Color Change, Dwelling In The Fuchun Mountains Imdb, Mechanics Flat Rate Time Chart, Cbre Background Check, Oi Josuke Earrape, Falco Lombardi Plush, Kanakadhara Stotram In Telugu Pdf, Sarah Khan Biography, It Lurks Roblox, Monrovia, Reykjavik Utc, Grace Miguel Questlove, Subaru Cam Seal Oil Leak, Little Red Cabin Ruidoso, Nm, Is Squirrel In French Masculine Or Feminine, Briann January Salary, Four Hand Piano Duets, Nick Martin Rebels, Sintonía Short Film Summary, Anok Yai Husband, L'art De Faire L'amour à Une Femme Pdf, Dawn Patrol App Garmin, Graham Jarvis Net Worth, Normality Problems Worksheet, How Much To Wrap A Mustang, Noble Car Models, Girl With Grey Eyes, What Are The Four Resources Used By The Costume Designer?, Sinking Simulator Custom Ships, Active And Passive Voice Simple Present Tense Worksheets With Answers, Shango One Trick Pony Strain, Carl Banks Net Worth, Arma 3 Warhammer 40k Servers, Emilio Owen Age, Low Cost Bins Levin, Michael Finkel Net Worth, Bolay Cilantro Noodles Calories, 888 Angel Number, Hubert Humphrey Height, Mrssole Net Worth,

Article Categories:
Channel Lists